University of Johannesburg UJ APK Campus
UJ has four campuses: the Auckland Park Kingsway, Auckland Park Bunting Road, Doornfontein and Soweto campuses – all located in the metropolitan area of the City of Johannesburg.
The campuses vary in size and each has its own character and culture contributing to the institution’s rich diversity. A comprehensive development plan has been framed to ensure the optimal utilisation of all campuses. This will direct the growth and development of five sites of higher education delivery, each unique in its academic programme profile and capacity, but all sharing the objective to offer high-quality university education.
There is much excitement about the establishment of the Soweto Centre for Small and Medium Business Enterprise Development on the Soweto Campus. The Centre is the first phase of the Campus’s flagship development, the Johannesburg School of Leadership, with its distinctive focus on and exploration of African leadership.
Recent developments such as the state-of-the-art buildings accommodating the School of Tourism and Hospitality, the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture, and the modern Arts Centre [comprising a theatre and gallery] are to the benefit of not only UJ but also the Johannesburg community at large. The combined facilities available at the University are among the best in the country and include libraries, micro-laboratories, sports and culture facilities. Many of UJ’s facilities such as the restaurants, conference venues and the art theatre and gallery are commercially driven and open to the general public.
The University comprises a built-up area in excess of 45,000m2 and the facilities available at the respective campuses include:
- Lecture rooms and micro-laboratories.
Campus and health clinics.
Student shopping centres, restaurants and cafeterias.
Auditoriums, halls, galleries and conference venues.
Background to the Campus Master Plan
- Enhancement of the quality of student life and realisation of a preferred student experience.
- Constant enhancement of the quality of academic life and the enhancement of the academic community at UJ.
- Integration and a sense of connectedness between different campuses, spheres of activity and functions within the University.
The establishment of an embracing and inclusive institutional culture.
The Steering Committee is in the process of developing a draft in consultation with the service provider; input and feedback from the broader UJ community is now required in order to refine and finalise the plan.
Auckland Park Bunting Road Campus – A total of 55 lecture halls providing 4 412 seats.
Auckland Park Bunting Road Campus
- List of Courses Offered at UJ University of Johannesburg
- University of Johannesburg UJ Courses
- University of Johannesburg UJ Faculties
- University of Johannesburg UJ Account Number
- University of Johannesburg UJ Academic Calendar 2021 – 2022
- University of Johannesburg UJ Architecture
- University of Johannesburg UJ Address APK
- University of Johannesburg UJ Admission Requirements
- University of Johannesburg UJ Application Forms 2021 – 2022
- University of Johannesburg UJ Banking Details
- UJ BTech Business Administration Course
- University of Johannesburg UJ Bunting Road
- University of Johannesburg UJ Business School
- University of Johannesburg UJ Brochure
- University of Johannesburg UJ Bridging Courses
- University of Johannesburg UJ BCOM Accounting
- University of Johannesburg UJ Bcom Accounting Requirements
- University of Johannesburg UJ Bcom Fees
- UJ BTech (Hospitality Management) Course
- University of Johannesburg UJ Bachelor of Arts BA in Politics